We know about blogging and Vlogging, but not sure which can be making more money? This both methods of earning money from website and video are the biggest platform.
So many people become millionaires from this methods. Here I have done case studies of blogging vs Youtube to find which is better to start a career.
In this article, you will get whole information about blogging and Vlogging. In the last, I will give you some bonus tips to make extra income from your chosen method of blogging and Youtube.
You may also read:
- Case study of event blogging to make money from new blog
- On-Page SEO Factors Ultimate Guide To Post Optimization (2017 Edition)
- WordPress Optimization to Speed up your website performance
- 1 Blogging vs YouTube (Vlogging):
- 1.1 Blogging vs Youtube Similarities and Differences:
- 1.2 Which can be more beneficial for you?
- 1.3 Blog vs Vlog Income: how can they make money?
- 1.4 Blogging vs YouTube Result: Which is better for money!
Blogging vs YouTube (Vlogging):
“A blog (weblog) is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web.”
A video blog or video log usually shortened to vlog is a form of blog for which the medium is video and is a form of web television.
Vlog entries often combine embedded video (or a video link) with supporting text, images, and other metadata. Entries can be recorded in one take or cut into multiple parts. The vlog category is popular on YouTube.
We will see how blogging and vlogging work together to make huge money. Do you know why we name it blogging vs Youtube? We know both platforms can make money, but not sure which is simple to use and which need hard work and make more money.
Below we will discuss whole things about blog and Vlog. So, let’s get started –
Blogging vs Youtube Similarities and Differences:
Blog and vlog are both used to share knowledge, entertainment, information, and news. Basically, in the blog, you have to write and share through your website (weblog).
In other hands, in Vlog, you have to make a video instead of writing a blog post.
You can check the table below where I have written down some earning and updates similarities of blog and vlog.
|Pay Per View||Ad Views||Ad Views|
|Pay Per Click||On Ads||On Ads|
|Get Subscribers||by Newsletter||by Subscribed|
|Get Paid||By Google Adsense||By Google Adsense|
The main difference is Video and Writing, where you have to write for a blog and Shoot video for Vlog. Check out below the differences between youtube and blog.
|Blog (Weblog)||YouTube (Vlog)|
|Visit Through||By Google||By Youtube|
|Get Updates||Via Email/Newsletter||Via Notification|
|Domain & Hosting||Yes||No|
|Ad view Percent||100%||60%|
|CPC||$0.1 - $5||$0.01 - $0.08|
Which can be more beneficial for you?
Vlog and blog both are the top money-making platforms. Blog vs vlog income is much similar to each other. You will get paid on both platforms by Google Adsense. Means this platforms can generate money from Adsense advertisements and both are same to earn money.
But revenue sharing of both platforms are different than each other. In the blog, you will get 100% revenue generated by Google Adsense.
The vlog (Youtube Channel) shares 55% income with you. Means Youtube will take 45% commission of your total income. In the blog, the total income will be yours.
Advantages of having to blog
- The main advantage of having a blog is revenue sharing. A blog total income is your (100% revenue shares) and you don’t have to share it with anyone.
- You can earn from Google AdSense and other advertising media, affiliate products, Ebooks, Coupons, and deals.
- Every page view gets advertise impressions.
- If you have any event, you can post it and sell event tickets online.
- You can sell your own services.
- No limit of advertisement placement.
- Your own domain name, email, and storage also.
- You can post multi-topic information.
These are basic and important advantages of having a blog. Similarly, it also has disadvantages.
Disadvantages of blogging
- You have to generate huge traffic.
- Need Hard work than vlog.
- You have to do SEO, backlinks and Social sharing.
- Big Competition
These are some disadvantages of a blog. Now I will tell you about vlog.
Advantages of Vlogging
- Your channel will get subscribers and when you upload any video it will directly send to your subscribers and you don’t have to generate traffic every time when you upload.
- Your subscribers are your permanent traffic or viewers of your video. In a blog, you have to generate traffic every new post.
- You can make money from Google AdSense only and other affiliate marketing, sponsor ads and external links.
- You don’t have to make backlinks.
These are advantages of earning from vlog. I think vlog has a big advantage instead of a blog is about traffic. Because traffic generation is the tough challenge for beginner blogger.
Disadvantages of Vlogging
- Tha main disadvantage of the vlog is your revenue (income). You have to pay 45% of your income to youtube.
- Your advertisement will not be seen in every view. If your video gets 10,000 views, then your ad impression will not be 10,000. It’s not visible in every view.
Blog vs Vlog Income: how can they make money?
In above advantages and disadvantages, I have written about revenue generation and sharing percent. After that, here I will tell you the little bit about money making methods from blog and vlog.
The main and most important method to generate money from a blog is advertising and affiliate marketing.
Google Adsense and other media networks generate huge money from ad clicks and ad views.
Similarly, affiliate marketing is also high revenue generation method for a blog. A website like Clickbank, Amazon and other affiliate sites can make a huge amount of income from selling products.
Also, you can refer your visitors to any deals like hosting coupons, hosting deals and so on…
Similarly, Vlog also generates money from this methods. But as compared to a blog, vlog can’t use any other ad network than Google Adsense.
You may like:
Which is best to make money from blogging and Youtube?
The blogging vs YouTube (Vlogging), both platforms can make the huge amount of income online. But in a vlog, you have to pay commission and in a blog, you don’t have to pay commission to the site.
Blogging is better than Vlogging for income. Because blogging 100% income is yours.
Another side, Vlogging is better than blogging in traffic generation.
Now as per your requirement, you can choose best one for you to start. I think Blogging is best than Vlog for make money online.
You may also read:
- how to write SEO friendly article in WordPress to rank first in Google.
- 5 Best Freelance Websites To Start Work From Home
Blogging vs YouTube Result: Which is better for money!
As per my point of views, the overall performance of making money the blogging is better than vlogging. This is my view and I must say to choose best one in which you are best.
If you like writing, then you should choose to blog. And If you have on-screen talent, then go with YouTube.
Because if you choose your interested topic, then no worry about income. You will definitely make more money in your interesting work.
So, I must say, Blogging is better than Vlogging for money. This is not only my study but also my experience. I love blogging so I choose to blog.
This is my result of blogging vs YouTube about making money. I will be appreciated if you like my article on Blogging and Vlogging differences.
Please comment and share to motivate me to write more about money making ideas. If you have any question you can use my comment box below. Thank you for reading my post and keep visiting.